About Dr. Maureen Tighe
Dr. Maureen Tighe is a Naturopathic Doctor, Licensed Oriental Medicine Practitioner and the founder of Trillium Natural Medicine. Dr. Tighe was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. After living extensively throughout the United States and abroad, she was thrilled to return to Pittsburgh and to be one of the first practitioners to bring Naturopathic medicine, Classical Chinese medicine and Acupuncture to western Pennsylvania. Dr. Tighe is a graduate of the dual degree program at the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon. During this rigorous, six-year medical program she earned both a Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine and a Master of Science in Oriental Medicine. Dr. Tighe has undergone extensive training in Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Infertility, Autoimmune and Gastrointestinal health. She served as adjunct faculty at Chatham University in the Integrative Health Studies program. Dr. Tighe lectures locally on various topics relating to health and healing.
Medical Outreach to Haiti
Dr. Tighe continues one of her passions, which is medical outreach to developing countries. For her personal story of helping those in need in Haiti after the earthquake in 2010, click here.
- Vermont licensed Naturopathic Medical Doctor
- Pennsylvania State Licensed Oriental Medicine Practitioner
- NCCAOM Board Certified Diplomate in Oriental Medicine
- Founder of Trillium Natural Medicine, LLC
- Adjunct Faculty at Chatham University’s Integrative Health Studies program
- Alumna of National College of Natural Medicine, the oldest college of Naturopathic and Classical Chinese medicine college in the United States
- Alumna of Pennsylvania State University
- Member of PANP Pennsylvania Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Member of AANP American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Member of PedANP Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Member of Association for Professional Acupuncture in Pennsylvania
- Participant in External Medical Rotation to China with Heiner Freuhauf, Ph.D. and Dr. Lihui Liu studying Qi gong and ancient Taoist and Buddhist texts
- Participant in external Naturopathic medical rotation in Nicaragua
- Medical internship at An Hao Clinic in Portland, Oregon with Dr. Edie Vickers, ND, Lac.
- Medical internship in Biotherapeutic Drainage with Dr. Dickson Thom, ND, DDS
- Proud mother and stepmother of a toddler girl and two teenagers