Things to know prior to your appointment
YOUR FIRST CONSULTATION
We now offer in-office consults as well as telehealth consults either via phone or video through Doxy.me, a HIPAA-compliant platform. Your initial consultation will last 75-90 minutes and we ask that you fill out our intake form and return it one week before the visit. During this time we will cover:
- Review of your chief complaint and other ailments
- A comprehensive medical intake and health history
- Tongue and Pulse Physical Exam – a focused exam for Chinese Medical Diagnosis and Treatment
- An individualized treatment plan for you to take home with you which may include nutritional recommendations and meal planning, herbal medicine, homeopathic prescription, hydrotherapy routines, Lifestyle modifications and mind-Body approaches to healing.
Follow-up consultations are 30-45 minutes long and may include:
- Review of health history and progress
- Review of labwork
- Updates to your treatment plan
- Please arrive ten minutes early for your appointment so that we can begin on time and get you out on time.
- If we are planning to do acupuncture, please wear loose fitting clothing and make sure you have eaten within the past two hours.
- Please bring copies of any recent lab work or imaging reports to consultations for review.
- Dr. Tighe’s virtual waiting room for telehealth can be found at: https://doxy.me/doctormaureen.
Many health plans now cover acupuncture and various natural therapies. If your insurance covers out-of-network providers for naturopathic medicine or acupuncture, you may have part or full coverage. We can provide you with a superbill that has all the necessary procedure and diagnostic codes that pertain to your visit in order to submit a claim for reimbursement from your insurance company. We currently do not participate in insurance plans as a practice, but we can help you with these forms if needed. Many patients use Health Savings Accounts to pay for services and medicinary and you are welcome to do so as well.
Herbal medicine, supplements and other therapeutic support that we may recommend to you are not included in the cost of the office visit. We will create an individualized treatment plan for you to match your needs and finances – straightforward, convenient and affordable.
Please be prepared to pay for the amount of the visit in full at the time of your appointment. We accept cash, checks, credit cards and Health Savings Accounts.
Life happens and sometimes people do need to cancel! Please make every effort to notify us as soon as possible if you need to cancel your appointment. We kindly request that you give us 48 business hours notice for return visits and 1 week for initial consultations so that we can offer your spot to another patient who is waiting. We ask that you take our time seriously just as we take yours – if you cancel after this time frame, we charge half the cost of the visit the first time and the full cost the second time.